Ten Convincing Proofs That Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj is Truly a Prophet (NOT!)
More than a month ago, ?Prophet? Sadhu Selvaraj prophesied of a coming new dispensation coinciding with the Jewish Yom Kippur due on October 8, 2011. It’s available at http://www.jesusministries.org/.
You can download the transcript of his prophecies here.
He asked Christians to pray and fast in order to self atone for their day-to-day sins saying that only the original sin was atoned for by the death of the Lord Jesus Christ. Anyway, the following are ten ?prophecies? that we should test (1 John 4:1).
If they will all come to pass, they should give him the credibility that he needs to be firmly recognized as today?s prophet of God. However, should any one of them fail, we should all come to a realization that he is a false prophet who is not be revered (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).
Today is October 3, with barely 5 days to go before the alleged ?Final Dispensation? what are these ?prophecies??
- New level of the demonstration of signs and wonders in the church – all members of the church will be a miracle worker. Not just the pastor and not just the leaders are in mind here. He meant that everyone in the Body. Yes! Including you he said, ?not [just] the pastor, not just the evangelist, not just the apostle, not just the teacher, not just the prophet that God is going to use mightily but every common believer.?
- Angelic activity will be common place ? he says that you will be seeing angels after October 8. And you will be receiving messages from them.
- Your church will be glorious ? he says that even without the preaching of the Word, ?as soon as people come within the atmosphere of your church, they?re going to drop and fall to their knees, put up their hands and cry to be saved.?
- There will be a great increase in ?revelational knowledge of God and the things of God? he said. And he based it on Revelation 10:7 when the seventh angel blows the trumpet then the mysteries of God ?will be made known to the world.? Should this thing happen, we should rejoice because we may have already skipped the 6 other trumpets, see Revelation 8:2ff.
- You will see the spiritual realm ? again not just the pastors or the leaders of the church will see the spiritual realm your eyes will see it too. After your ten day fast, expect to see the spiritual realm unfold before your very eyes. But you must believe it otherwise you won?t see it.
- Everyone will become prophets ? he based this on Joel 2:28-29 where it says, ?I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh? meaning to kids even before the age of puberty and those above and beyond. He said it did not happen during the time of Peter, this time, “all flesh” means everyone. Including the unbelievers? We shall see.
- Your life is going to change ? he meant to include your destiny, your future, and your entire purpose is going to change. Hopefully for the better.
- You will even see the Lord Jesus standing beside you. I don’t know for sure but I think it will happen before the rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:17), or before the gathering of the elect by the angels (Matthew 24:31), or before the ?Man of Sin? is made known (2 Thessalonians 2:3). We shall soon find out.
- Expect every ?common person? will say, ?We saw the Lord!?? My only concern is if we can still apply the warning of the Lord in Matthew 24:23 when this becomes prevalent.
- Lastly, expect to skip the part in Acts 1:11 where the angel told the disciples: ?This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.? That being the case, we shall probably skip the Parousia – when every eye sees Jesus coming from clouds of heaven with power and glory (Matthew 24:30) because this time every eye will probably see Jesus beside them already 😉
Postscript [Feb. 20, 2012]: I think it is clear since the first writing of this article that Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj is a false prophet simply because not one of his date-specific prophecies listed above came to pass. The more relevant question now is: what are we now going to do about it??Absolutely nothing, expose it or just ignore his blunder and wait for his next prophecies and instructions.
In 1 Jn. 4:1, we read “test the prophets.”?This instruction is not just for pastors, teachers, bishops or for the spiritually mature but for every Christian. Here’s why:
- His letter addressed to? “My dear children…” (1 Jn. 2:1, 12, 13, 18; 2:28; 3:2, 7, 18; 4:4; 5:21)
- His letter was also address to “Dear friends…” (1 Jn. 2:7; 3:2, 21; 4:1, 7, 11)
- His letter was also addressed to “dear children” (1 Jn. 2:12, 13, 18; 3:7, 18)
- He also wrote to “fathers”?(1 Jn. 2:13, 14)
- He also wrote to “young men” (1 Jn. 2:13, 14)
- He instructed them “to love one another” (1 Jn. 2:10; 3:10, 11, 18, 23; 4:7, 11, 21)
- He also instructed them to let “anyone lead you astray”?and “live in the?truth”?(1 Jn. 1:6; 2:26, 27; 3:7)
The instruction to test every prophet, true or false, is an individual duty. It is not just for pastors or for bishops. John’s audience or the intended recipients of his letter is that broad that?his epistle is one of those categorized as “catholic” i.e., universal. His instructions are for “you who believe in the name of the Son of God.”?Therefore testing the prophet is imperative to all Christians and it is as important as the instruction to “love one another” and to “not let anyone be led astray.” And so, at least for me, the obvious choice is to expose this thing. What about you?
For more info on the claims about Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj, click?here
Respect the gift of prophecy (1 Thessalonians 5:20) but reject the false ones.
Despite his failed prophecies, Bishop Dan Balais and the Intercessors for the Philippines continue to recognize him as a prophet. In the Eagle Christian Online
(last accessed March 12, 2012), Dan Balais wrote “Prophets Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj, Vincent Selkvakumar, Neville Johnson and Robert Misst released similar and complementary prophetic words to the nation clearly spelling out the role of the church in enforcing the destiny of the nation. In the past three years of intense prophetic prayer gatherings, these anointed servants of the Lord showed to us two opposite scenarios: 1) A destroyed, ruined people ; 2) A righteous, prosperous and missionary sending Philippines! The prophetic directive is to contend; to fight for our destiny!!!